bunny in a beret

Friday, March 11, 2005

Wow. What a week.
Quite a bit has happened. But maybe it's one of those 'quite a lot has happened' that you can't really describe to anyone while succeding to convey the feelings and atmosphere surrounding them. But I'll give you an outline because it's been dead fun!!
Oh- but before I start, these are the times I spent travelling last week: monday:8 hours, Tuesday:3 hours, Wednesday:8 hours, Thursday:3 hours, Friday 4 hours. And they correspond fairly well to the hours I had of sleep too. On sunday I had 2 hours sleep, then went off to college and had a horrible assesment. Which did encourage the release of any inhibitions about partying all week to make myself feel a bit more alive again. So, that was monday.
Tuesday! Oh lovely tuesday.. I actually had a LIE IN!! Sooooo chuffed. A full scrumptious 12 hours. Haven't done that in way too long. Woke up, went on net, had bath, walked to the train station at 2, (hitching half way there with a cool guy in an old mini), saw Emi going the opposite way to me on the train before mine while I was waiting at the station. Heh. cought train to swansea. Met up with serena for her birthday meal at her friends' house-really scrummy and very much of it. Went out to the Monkey (fun), came home to serena's other friends' house at 2ish, slept at I-don't-know-what-time,
~wednesday ~ woke at 11am and watched all of the Brass Eye episodes I hadn't seen [ -mmmmm brass eye....] Then actually began watching what seems to be the underground classic of our generation - The Labyrinth! Which I have fond-ish memories of from when I was very little (David Bowie scared me a lot) But then we went somewhere instead. can't remember where. So I didn't finish that. Oh yes, then me and Serena drove to Bristol, to see Lemon Jelly! Woooo! How cool. In the same place me and Beth saw Snow Patrol 11 months ago too. AND with the same drum'n'bass people playing in the famous 'Arc Bar'. Strangeness. Lemon Jelly were very good. Yes. Very good. After it finished we faffed around for a bit then decided not to go to the Arc Bar seeing as it would have cost 4 quid each for like an hour and a half.
I don't know if anyone reading this knows of a fantastic graffiti artist called 'Banksy'.. ? If you do, you rule. His work is so amazing, we walked up to see one of his pieces and met a guy walking past who gave us a graffiti tour of the art in that area of Bristol. It was cool.. there was some pretty beautiful pieces. Then let us skip to Thursday.
Here be thursday. Back in swansea at 6am. Now at 11am and serena hasn't slept and I've just had a couple of hours, we go out for a walk with all the guys (who we stayed with the other night-and who played in the monkey on tuesday)we go to the Uni to hand in an essay, visit some peoples and then go and play frisbee in the park! Yays! It was really fun. there were swings too which was even funner! (hehehe.. "funner") We had fun hiding in trees and climbing fences till about 4 when we walked home and watched 'Team America' (which was quite funny) when the guys promtly fell asleep because they hadn't slept since the night before.
We then had to leave to come back to carmarthen for Spunge. Which was quite difficult. Spunge were brilliant though!! It was SOOOOoooooo much fun!!! I loved it! the crowd atmosphere was really good and just plain old great. After the set the dj played some pretty cool system of a down, green day, placebo, prodigy and such brilliance. It's rare that you can dance to music that the dj is playing you actually like rather than silly pop stuff. (Except for when at drum'n'bass or live gigs obviously. I then chatted to the lead singer, and 'Jarvis' the bassist, the drummer, the other bands and the tour manager - oh and went on the tour bus. (HAH!!!!! and they gave me two free beers as well! Hah hah hah hah!)

Went back to the house and lasted perhaps 1/2 hour to an hour before giving in and going to bed, mainly because I couldn't keep my eyes open so I thought it was the best idea. Mmmmm bed.

Slept till nearly 10ish am and made my dased (dazed?) way to college. And that is where I am now. Tonight I have two hours of Karate! hooray. I'm looking forward to sleep though. Although this is quite fun.

Of course the above is an edited, shortened, PG certified version. I can't explain all the lovely people I met either. It has been so fun. I don't think it's been internally healthy, but mentally it's been a great learning experience as much as just having fun. good times. I could do with this party on saturday too.. seeing as I can drive again now!! woooo! yays! parties!!

Bye! (-:=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home