bunny in a beret

Friday, August 01, 2003

about last weds or thurs:
Home from London last saturday, did various things meanwhile, and now I'm suddenly in Hull. This is because Grandad died, at 80, in the best possible way as my auntie described it today. Which, after a while thinking I came to agree with. (to an extent..) He has worked very nearly every single day of his married life (50 years) on his farm, liked chocolate buisuits and Jemma (the dog) and other things, so on monday he helped all day on the farm (his son, my Uncle now runs it) And came home for a rest, and didn't wake up. So he must have been fairly satisfied. (-:= He also had Parkinsons disease, same thing my grandma on the other side died of )-:= and my mum said he wasn't the same person as he used to be, which I can understand. I like to remember when he and grandma came down to our house all 6 hours driving from Hull to mid Wales, and being little I was jumping up and down holding his hands, thats my favourite thought of him. He was cool. Hasn't quite sunk in properly though, It's like normal, as if he's down at the farm.
Funeral on Monday, me and my mum are obviously already here, and my dad, b & e are coming up on sunday.
Being doing tons of driving, Hull's a pretty busy city.. rather...well, city-ish really. And drove all the way up (minus Motorways) from home which was about 3, maybe 2 hours.
Acctually got my ears pierced. Took a bit of getting round to, cost £12.99, but it'll do, they look strange on me...not normal.

I opened Grandma's post this morning. It's some job, there was lots and lots of cards, everyone liked Grandad. He was a gentleman completely.

Not much to say that is unrelated. I brought my guitar, and have begun tuning it to Grandma's grand Piano.. heh. I've been looking over my theory book, but the signs sections so dull I got bored. I'm writing this on my laptop, which is cronicaly slow, windows 95 and about 0.003 kb of ram. grr.

I'm not going to write more... I know I'll end up saying things I don't want to about Grandma. She's being rather blunt.. All her stored up tension and any feelings at all have congregated in her neck, and so she sent us down to buy some frozen peas, creams, and nothing is more important. Anyway. signing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home